Welcome

Welcome to my world - feel free to browse and comment but please do not copy or use any of my images without my express permission.
All of my images are copyright protected. Thank you, Cathy Weaver

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Call It A Whim

It's been quite a while since I've posted here. Life sometimes takes us on journeys we're not quite prepared for. That's not all bad though. These twists and turns in life can be full of fun and adventure. I guess it's all just in the way you look at it. So wow... it was March the last time I posted. Goodness how time flies!


I have painted a few new pastels, but I feel a change coming. I'm not sure what that is, or what direction I will take. Guess I'll just see where the path leads. In the meantime - I've taken to taking junk and found materials and transforming this stuff into some new life. It's amazing what you can do with virtually nothing.

One thing I really love about this - is that everyone is happy to help you out and provide you with new "canvases" for you to have. 
(Spring cleaning just got a whole lot more fun!)  This would probably be a great place to mention.. before you go tossing everything out (and into the landfill), consider posting your "trash" on craig's list in any one of these sections: FREE, ARTISTS, or MATERIALS. I'll just betcha there's a lot more of us cruising Craig's List looking for your trash. Another place you can post this junk would be on your local Freenet site.   "Think Green" people...  and make an artist happy, too!

Just keep an open mind, because virtually anything can be a canvas. 

Wine bottles are big fun - painting, decorating, drilling, cutting....  and become hummingbird feeders, wind chimes, lamps... the possibilities are as endless as the imagination will allow.













Leftover ceramic tiles - what great little canvases! These were painted to be individual works - but I have a few other ideas brewing in the back of my head too.














A little while back I was so fortunate to have found four totally awesome basement windows sitting at the curb, seemingly calling my name. They practically jumped off the curb and into my subaru, oh so happy to be coming home with me. Today one of them has found new life as I tried my hand at reverse painting. It's a lot more challenging than I thought it would be - but I am quite pleased with the results.













What a great way to spend the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment